The State of Wyoming has a number of options for people trying to find a good Ultrasound Technician school. Wyoming is a terrific place to pursue a career as an Ultrasound Tech. As the population in areas such as Cheyenne, Casper, and Laramie grows so does the need for competent Ultrasound Technicians. Career opportunities also exist outside the large metropolitan areas as well.
Job Outlook for Ultrasound Techs in Wyoming
Employment growth in Wyoming for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers over the ten year period 2010-2020 is predicted to be great. According to Careerinfonet.org available positions will increase by 19%. This compares to the expected national growth of 44% over the same ten year period. On the National level this comes out to over three thousand job openings each year due to growth and net replacement. Enrolling in a good Ultrasound Technician training program in Wyoming is an outstanding way to secure a spot in this rewarding career.
Recommended Ultrasound Technician Schools in Wyoming
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Ultrasound Technician Salary in Wyoming
Being a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in the State of Wyoming comes with an average yearly salary of $67,750 according to information reported by the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2012. Finding a good Diagnostic Medical Sonographer School in Wyoming is going to be your first step towards bringing in an income that is greater than the average wage earned in Wyoming. If you are searching for a great career with a nice income, maybe diagnostic medical sonography is what you have been looking for?
Find The Best Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Schools in Wyoming
An important thing to consider when checking out sonography Schools in Wyoming is accredidation by the CAAHEP. The largest accreditor in the Allied Health fields is the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
In order to be eligible for the ARDMS exam you must achieve a minimum number of hands on training hours that you will not likely get at a non-accredited school. ARDMS is the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and they are the main licensing organization for all ultrasound technicians. Being licensed by the ARDMS does not ensure employment, but it does present opportunities that otherwise might not be available to you. It has been reported that a number of insurance companies will refuse to pay claims for sonograms taken by unlicensed technicians.
If you are unable to achieve enough hours of clinical experience while attending school, you will need to obtain hours by finding work with doctors or clinics that don’t require a license. The trouble with this plan is that these sort of jobs will not offer the kind of sonographer income that you expected when you chose this profession. You will likely be working part time and getting far less than your time is worth. Attaining the required 1,000 hours you need for exam eligibility will be challenging in a part time situation.