Ultrasound technician Schools in South Dakota are a terrific alternative for anyone in The Mount Rushmore State that is looking for a new career. Sonography continues to be one of the fastest growing fields in medical diagnostics due to the constantly expanding technology available. As the population in areas including Pierre, Sioux Falls, and Rapid City grows so does the need for competent Ultrasound Technicians. Employment opportunities also exist in places other than the large cities as well.
Job Outlook for Medical Sonographers in South Dakota
Job growth in South Dakota for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers through the ten year period 2010-2020 is predicted to be great. According to Careerinfonet.org available jobs will rise by 15%. This compares to the anticipated nationwide growth of 44% over the same period. On the National level this equates to over three thousand job openings annually due to growth and net replacement. Finding a good Diagnostic Medical Sonography training program in South Dakota is a very good way to secure a place in this rewarding career.
Recommended Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Dakota
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Ultrasound Technician Salary in South Dakota
With a 2012 average annual salary as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics of $53,860, ultrasound technicians in South Dakota make a very nice income. By choosing an Diagnostic Medical Sonography training program in South Dakota, you are on your way towards making an income that is more than the average earnings of all wage earners in the State. The time has come to make the choice that can change your life and direct you to a great career as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
Find Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Schools in South Dakota
An important thing to consider when exploring sonography Schools in South Dakota is accredidation by the CAAHEP. In terms of health science accreditors, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is the main one in the United States.
Schools without accreditation will not often offer you enough clinical hours to be eligible for the ARDMS exam. ARDMS is the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and they are the principal licensing body for all diagnostic medical sonographers. Very few, if any hospitals will even consider hiring you without having passed the ARDMS exam. Even though you can work as an ultrasound technician without an ARDMS license, some insurance companies will not pay claims for sonograms taken by unlicensed techs.
Without achieving enough hours of practical training while attending classes, you will need to earn hours by finding work with doctors or clinics that don’t require you to have a license. Unfortunately, these jobs can be fairly hard to find, and will not pay a standard ultrasound technician salary. Instead, you will be working in mainly part time conditions, for hourly wages that do not come close to covering the price of your training. Reaching the necessary 1,000 hours you need for exam eligibility will be very difficult in a part time position.