The State of Minnesota has quite a few options for those searching for an Ultrasound Technician training program. Diagnostic Medical Sonography continues to be one of the fastest growing disciplines in medical diagnostics as a result of the ever expanding technology available. In cities like St. Paul, Minneapolis, and Rochester job opportunities in the medical related fields continue to expand. If the big metropolitan areas are not for you, there are typically great opportunities in smaller towns as well.
Career Outlook for Ultrasound Technicians in Minnesota
Employment growth in Minnesota for Sonographers through the ten year period 2010-2020 looks great. According to Careerinfonet.org available jobs will improve by 35%. This compares to the anticipated nationwide growth of 44% over the same ten year period. On the National level this equals to over 3,000 job openings per year due to growth and net replacement. Finding a high-quality Diagnostic Medical Sonography school in Minnesota is a great way to secure a spot in this rewarding career.
Recommended Ultrasound Technician Schools in Minnesota
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- And more...
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Salary in Minnesota
With a 2012 average annual salary as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics of $72,870, ultrasound technicians in Minnesota make a very nice income. By choosing an Ultrasound Technician training program in Minnesota, you are headed towards earning a salary that is greater than the average income of all wage earners in the State. So if you’re searching for a new occupation, you should definitely consider becoming a diagnostic medical sonographer.
Find Great Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Schools in Minnesota
An important thing to look for when checking out sonography Schools in Minnesota is accredidation by the CAAHEP. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is the leading accreditor in the health sciences fields.
In order to be eligible for the ARDMS exam you must achieve a minimum number of practical training hours that you will probably not get at an unaccredited training program. The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the largest licensing body for ultrasound technicians in the U.S. Without having passed the ARDMS exam, very few, if any hospitals will hire you. It has been reported that a number of insurance companies will refuse to honor claims for ultrasounds taken by unlicensed technicians.
Without achieving enough hours of practical training while attending classes, you will need to earn hours by working with doctors or clinics that don’t require you to have a license. Unfortunately, these jobs are going to be very difficult to find, and will not pay a typical sonographer salary. You will generally be working part time and getting far less than your time is worth. Attaining the necessary 1,000 hours you need for exam eligibility will be very hard in a part time position.