The State of Utah has several options for folks seeking a diagnostic medical sonography program. The millions of residents of Utah will sooner or later need some form of medical treatment, and a large percentage of those will specifically need some type of sonography. As the population of cities including Salt Lake City, Provo, and West Jordan increase so does the need for qualified sonographers. If the large metropolitan areas are not for you, there are often great opportunities in small towns as well.
Employment Outlook for Ultrasound Technicians in Utah
Job growth in Utah for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers through the ten year period 2010-2020 is predicted to be great. According to Careerinfonet.org available jobs will improve by 44%. This compares to the predicted national growth of 44% over the same period. On the National level this comes out to over three thousand job openings each year due to growth and net replacement. Enrolling in a first-rate Ultrasound Technician school in Utah is an outstanding way to secure a place in this rewarding career.
Recommended Ultrasound Technician Schools in Utah
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Ultrasound Technician Salary in Utah
With a 2012 average annual salary as reported by the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics of $66,060, Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in Utah make a great income. By choosing an Diagnostic Medical Sonography School in Utah, you are headed towards making an income that is higher than the average wage of all wage earners in the State. With a growing and aging population in Utah, now is the perfect time to seek a career in healthcare as a diagnostic medical sonographer.
Find The Best Ultrasound Technician Schools in Utah
When you’re looking for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer School in Utah, it is important to find one that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. In terms of health science accreditors, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is the largest in the United States.
Unaccredited schools will not often offer you enough hands-on hours to be eligible for the ARDMS exam. The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the main licensing organization for ultrasound technicians in the United States. Having a certification from the ARDMS is not mandatory for employment, but very few hospitals or clinics will hire you without it. It has been reported that certain insurance companies will refuse to honor claims for sonograms taken by unlicensed technicians.
If you do not perform the clinical hours through your classes, you will need to earn them by working for a clinic or doctor’s office that doesn’t need a licensed sonographer. The problem with this method is that these type of jobs will not offer the type of sonographer wages that you expected when you chose this career. Instead, you will end up working in mainly part time conditions, for hourly wages that do not come close to covering the cost of your schooling. Getting to the required 1,000 hours you need for exam eligibility will be very difficult in a part time position.