If you are searching for Ultrasound Technician Schools in Mississippi, you are in luck. A majority of the population of Mississippi will at some point need some type of medical treatment, and a large percentage of those will specifically need diagnostic medical sonography. In cities like Jackson, Gulfport, and Southaven opportunities in the medical related fields continue to grow. However, there are also a number of job opportunities in small towns across Mississippi as well.
Career Outlook for Medical Sonographers in Mississippi
Job growth in Mississippi for Ultrasound Technicians over the ten year period 2010-2020 looks great. According to Careerinfonet.org available jobs will rise by 18%. This compares to the anticipated nationwide growth of 44% over the same ten year period. On the National level this equals to over 3,000 job openings per year due to growth and net replacement. Finding a first-rate Diagnostic Medical Sonography training program in Mississippi is a very good way to secure a spot in this rewarding career.
Recommended Ultrasound Technician Schools in Mississippi
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Salary in Mississippi
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the mean annual salary for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in Mississippi as $52,960. With a salary like this you would be making a wage higher than the average worker in Mississippi If you are in search of a great career with a nice salary, perhaps diagnostic medical sonography is what you have been searching for?
Find Great Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Schools in Mississippi
An important thing to consider when checking out sonography Schools in Mississippi is accredidation by the CAAHEP. In terms of Allied Health accreditors, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is the biggest in the U.S..
The ARDMS exam requires a minimum amount of clinical training before you are eligible to take it, and unaccredited schools frequently do not supply enough to meet the minimum. ARDMS is the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and they are the main licensing body for all ultrasound technicians. Having a certification from the ARDMS is not necessary for employment, but only a few hospitals or clinics will employ you without it. It has been reported that several insurance companies will refuse to pay claims for sonograms taken by unlicensed technicians.
If you do not acquire the clinical hours through your classes, you will need to get them by working for a clinic or doctor’s office that doesn’t call for a licensed technician. The difficulty with this plan is that these type of jobs will not offer the type of sonographer income that you expected when you decided to pursue this occupation. Instead, you will likely be working in mainly part time situations, for hourly wages that do not come close to covering the price of your schooling. Getting to the required 1,000 hours you need for exam eligibility will be frustrating in a part time situation.